Sent: Sunday, September 5, 2010 17:53:12 From: Ross Elkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) Had my new nexstar out in the field last night. What started out as an excellent stargazers night turned poor after my scope got dewed up. Since it's a holiday weekend I got creative. Also it seems real expensive for these cheap pieces of plastic. So, I took a suitable black plastic planter pot from our gardening collection and cut it down to size with scissors. I started with a 10" conical pot. Then I sanded the inside for a flat finish and applied some Velcro to one side of the scope and pot with a notch cut out on the other to fit my particular scope. Almost looks good and took an hour! Will test tonite. In the dark no one will notice if I don't have a fashion statement. Ross is on my iPad
Go back to the Tech Tips page.
Go back to the ETX Home Page.